Tax And Estate Planning
When planning for the future, tax considerations inevitably play an important role. At Tollers, our experts all have experience dealing with personal taxation queries, specifically relating to Inheritance Tax (IHT) and Capital Gains Tax (CGT). Our approach to effective tax planning takes into account five key principles:
- Focus on your objectives – do not let reducing IHT overrule common sense.
- Keep your planning as simple and as flexible as possible – tax law and personal circumstances can change, and overly complex schemes can be difficult and expensive to manage.
- Look for opportunities to reduce the value of your estate for IHT purposes, but do not give away more than you can afford to.
- Take advice sooner rather than later – early planning offers the greatest opportunities.
- Take all taxes and circumstances into account. Remember that disposing of some assets during your lifetime may give rise to unexpected IHT/CGT charges, and put your personal financial situation at risk.
Tollers can provide a professional advisor who fully understands your objectives and personal circumstances can help you develop an IHT plan tailored to your particular needs.
Why choose Tollers?
Tollers provide practical advice to individuals considering their tax and personal affairs and offer sensible solutions dependent on their particular wishes, financial position and stage in life. We work closely with financial advisors to ensure a consistent approach to your tax planning strategies.
Tollers have offices in Northampton, Milton Keynes, Corby, Kettering, Stevenage, Kempston, Oakham and Uppingham. We also offer home visits for a small additional charge.
Tax And Estate Planning
At Tollers we are happy to meet with you on a one off or regular basis to review your situation and offer advice on how best to mitigate any potential tax liabilities while keeping at the forefront of our considerations how you wish to use your assets in lifetime and provide for those you love. We will always tell you where no action is the best course of action for you, and where we propose steps to take we will discuss the benefits and risks with you. We will also advise you of the likely costs both now and going forward.
Family circumstances change and evolve over time and with them your priorities, we take a flexible approach to tax planning, trying to achieve your goals while providing opportunity to alter things as time passes. Tax rules are constantly changing and evolving and with regular review Tollers can make sure that you are kept fully up to date and in the best possible position to ensure the comfort of your family for future generations.
Talk to Tollers
You will usually be allocated to a member of the team based on your location and the complexity of your matter, but if you have a specific preference then please let us know when you get in touch and we will do our best to accommodate your request. Although you will have a dedicated specialist responsible for your matter, they will be assisted by more junior members of the team. Get in touch with our team of specialist solicitors today.