Welcome News – House moves now permitted…
Following the very welcome news from the Government late last Tuesday that house moves can once again commence after seven weeks of suspension, further detailed updated guidance has now been issued by the Government to home movers and property professionals outlining how house moves are now to be conducted to reduce the risk of transmitting Covid-19. The updated guidelines set out new procedures and advice on social distancing measures that need to be observed in order to ensure the safety of all involved on moving day.
Some key points you need to know:
- Removals firms should be contacted as early as possible in advance of the move.
- You and your household should also try and do as much of the packing yourself as possible. However, where this is not possible, you should speak to your removal firms in advance.
- Where possible, you should clean your belongings, with standard domestic cleaning products before they are handled by others, including removal firms.
- Whilst the removers are in your home, you should ensure any internal doors are open and seek to minimise your contact with the crew, maintaining a distance of at least 2 metres where possible.
- All parties should wash their hands and avoid touching surfaces where possible to reduce the risk of transmitting the coronavirus.
- You should not provide refreshments but you should ensure they have access to hand washing facilities, using separate towels or paper towels if possible, which should be washed or disposed of safely afterwards.
- People self-isolating or who have tested positive for Covid-19 should not leave their home to move house.
The full guidance can be viewed here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/government-advice-on-home-moving-during-the-coronavirus-covid-19-outbreak
Tollers residential conveyancing staff are making contact with our many valued clients, whose moves have been on hold during this time, to get their matters completed.
Although the government are now allowing house moves under these strict guidelines, the risk of Covid-19 has not of course gone away. Our advice to clients will be wherever possible, to exchange contracts and complete matters on the same day.
Our reasoning behind this is that we want to work with our clients to minimise, as far as possible, the risk of their transaction failing to complete. For example; due to parties in the chain becoming unwell, needing to self-isolate or if mortgages are withdrawn due to furlough/redundancy.
If you need further guidance and advice or wish to discuss how best to proceed with your sale or purchase…Talk to Tollers Conveyancing specialists on 01604 258558 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and they will be happy to assist.