Have You Made The Brake Pledge We Have
The 21st to the 27th of November is Road Safety Week and members of the Tollers Personal Injury Department showed their support to Brake, the charity who coordinate the largest annual road safety campaign.
Founded in 1997, Brake is a road safety charity that not only works to prevent road death and injury, but also supports those that have been victims of road accidents, something that Tollers Personal Injury can certainly attest to as we regularly help accident victims seek compensation to aid recovery and rehabilitation.
Road Safety Week aims to inspire people to get involved and raise awareness to put a stop to the needless deaths and injuries that occur on our roads. This years’ theme is based around a 6-point pledge that anyone can make to ensure our roads are safer, even if they don’t drive! Here at Tollers Personal Injury, we are proud to be supporting Brake during Road Safety Week and beyond, by taking the Brake Pledge and helping to reduce the risk of road accidents.
The pledge includes:
1. SLOW: Speed contributes to more than a quarter (26%) of fatal crashes in the UK.
2. SOBER: One in seven road deaths involves a driver over the drink-drive limit.
3. SECURE: Three-point seat belts mean you’re 50% less likely to die in a crash. More than one in five people (22%) who die each year are not wearing one.
4. SILENT: Drivers talking on phones are four times more likely to crash, whether on a hands-free or hand-held phone. It’s the distraction of the call that is the problem.
5. SHARP: It is estimated 2,900 casualties are caused by poor driver vision. It is possible to lose up to 40% of your vision before noticing it. Fatigue and illness are also causes of impairment.
6. SUSTAINABLE: About 40,000 deaths are caused annually by exposure to NOx and particulates, and about a quarter of the UK’s CO2 emissions are from transport, with road traffic a major contributor.
If you would like to join the team at Tollers by making the pledge, you can do so here.
We are all working hard to increase awareness of road safety but if you, or someone you love is in the unfortunate position of having been affected by a road accident, you’ll want to choose a solicitor that has a commitment to the best financial settlement but also to the best support, treatment and rehabilitation. Talk to Tollers on 0333 414 9123 or email firstname.lastname@example.org