Department: Wills, Trusts and Estates
Areas of Specialism: International Cross-border issues – Paul will often liaise with French or Spanish “notaires” when dealing with clients who either reside overseas or in the UK but have assets there or collaborate with the client/solicitor to advise them according to their personal or financial circumstances.
Paul Qualified as a Solicitor in 2009 having studied for his Legal Practice Course with the College of Law. Paul is a student member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) and part qualified in International Trust Management (ITM) having worked for some years offshore in Jersey, Channel Island for Bailhache Labesse now Appleby Global.
Before joining Tollers in 2019, Paul also worked within the Private Client International department for a leading law firm on cross-border matters, assisting clients both domiciled and non-domiciled and collaborating with their overseas lawyers.
- Areas of Expertise:
- Tax and estate planning
- Powers of Attorney (Enduring and Lasting Powers of Attorney)
- Elderly and vulnerable client issues
- International cross-border issues
- Paul is a fluent French speaker
- Types of Clients:
- Private Individuals including High net worth Individuals
- International overseas or UK individuals with assets in the UK as well as elsewhere
- Business Owners
- Company Directors
- Farmers and landowners
- Financial Advisers
- Other solicitors (UK and overseas)
- Surveyors, auctioneers and estate agents
- Professional Memberships & Accreditations:
Paul is a student member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) and part qualified in International Trust Management (ITM).
- Outside Appointments:
Paul is also a Trustee and Director for MindSpace Stamford, winners of the Mercury Business Awards in 2019 for Best Social Enterprise and Vice Chair Governor for Maidwell Primary School.
Paul enjoys all outdoor sports, which is lucky given his family’s penchant for horse riding. In particular, Paul enjoys water sports, cycling and running in order to keep up with his children!