Related Services: Business Reorganisations and Corporate Structures, Corporate Finance, Funding and Private Equity, Banking and Finance, Joint Venture, Management Buyout, Directors Duties, Buying and Selling Businesses, Commercial Contracts, Franchise Law, Share Options, Shareholder Agreements, Partnerships and LLPs, Terms and Conditions, Agency and Distribution Agreements, Technology Law, Intellectual Property Law, ,
Areas of Specialism: Corporate Law, Corporate Finance, Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures
Nicholas is a lawyer specialising in corporate, commercial, and banking and finance legal matters with over 25 years’ experience of acting for owner-managers and public companies, as well as banks and public authorities. Nicholas is a City trained lawyer who has worked internationally, as well as for a major regional law firm in the South East of England. He joined Tollers in 2022 as a partner and head of the firm’s Corporate and Commercial team. Nicholas has been recognised for his work in the Legal 500 where he was described as ‘a corporate heavyweight’.
Nicholas was the lead lawyer in a number of large transactions including a £5bn property finance, the merger of two banks creating a book value of over $1bn, as well as numerous acquisitions in the £50m – £100m market. Nicholas currently enjoys using this experience to assist owner-managers and entrepreneurs with buying, selling, financing or restructuring their business.
Nicholas has held a number of positions and non-executive directorships in public and private organisations outside of his legal career. Nicholas has an MBA from Oxford University and took time out from being a solicitor to set up and run some small businesses.
- Areas of Expertise:
- All aspects of share and asset sales and acquisitions
- Drafting facility and security documents for banks
- Corporate joint ventures and shareholder agreements
- Share option agreements
- Commercial contracts
- Corporate finance transactions
- Business sales and purchases
- Shareholder agreements
- Partnerships including LLPs
- Share buybacks.
- Types of Clients:
- Owner-managed businesses
- FTSE 350 Companies
- Banks and Lending Institutions
- Manufacturing, Industrial, Retail and Service sectors
- Public and Private Sector
- Accountants, Corporate Finance Brokers, and IFAs
- Venture Capitalists
- High Net Worth Individuals and Investors
- Healthcare Sector
- Hospitality and Leisure Sector
- Agri-business Sector
- Digital Businesses.
- Work Highlights:
- Sale of shares for £23m to a PE house aggregating businesses in the water provision services sector.
- Sale of a company in the electrical installations sector for £1.6m.
- Purchase of a company in the cement, ceramics, and aggregates sector for £2m and a further £2m for property assets.
- Reorganisation of a group of companies, valued at more than £20m and which own the family estate and business, into a farming business and a property development business.
- Advising on the sale of a company holding a satellite for £150m.
- Acting for a bank on their merger with a deposit taking company creating a group with a combined book value in excess of $1.2bn.
- Advising on a Euros 5 bn credit facility to be used for investment in German property including taking security over shares and bank accounts.
Outside of work Nicholas spends time with his family, plays and watches cricket, and travels.