Department: Wills, Trusts and Estates
Areas of Specialism: Wills, Trust Creation and Administration, Inheritance Tax and Estate planning, Estate administration, Personal tax advice, Lasting Powers of Attorney, Court of Protection
Kate qualified as a Solicitor in 2007 and as a Chartered Tax Adviser in 2012. Kate joined Tollers in October 2021.
Kate advises individuals and families, a number of whom are longstanding clients, on Estate planning, Wills, Trust requirements, Estate Administration, Personal tax and Lasting Powers of Attorney. She particularly enjoys understanding clients’ requirements with regard to their estate and tax planning.
She aims to provide clear bespoke advice and proactive solutions to any issues that arise during discussions.
- Areas of Expertise:
- Estate planning
- Administration of estates including those with complex tax issues or foreign assets
- Deeds of Variation
- Trust advice, implementation and administration
- Elderly and Vulnerable client matters such as Lasting Powers of Attorney and Court of Protection applications.
- Types of Client:
- Private individuals and families
- Independent Financial Advisors
- Business owners
- Other solicitors
- Land Owners
- Professional Memberships and Accreditations:
Kate is a member of the Chartered Institute of Taxation (CIOT).
- Outside Appointments:
Kate has been a Trustee of Voluntary Action South Leicestershire (VASL) for a number of years where she plays an active role on the Board of Trustees.
Outside of the office, Kate has two children who keep her busy. When there is spare time, she likes to swim, read and travel.
Kate is available to meet at the following offices: Corby Office