Burns and Scarring Claims
If you have suffered a burn/burns or scarring due to an accident, cosmetic treatment that has gone wrong or through medical negligence, you should claim compensation. Tollers Solicitors are experts in this field and can provide clear, jargon-free advice on potential claims along with a no obligation assessment of whether you have a reasonable case.
If we believe you have a good claim, we can help you on a risk-free No Win, No Fee basis.
Burns Injury Compensation – Types of Burn
Burns are categorised according to severity:
- Superficial burns – affecting only the surface of the skin
- Partial thickness burns – affecting the skin and dermis. Shallow damage to the dermis causes skin to blister and discolour, while deeper damage to the dermis can cause dryness, blotchiness and redness.
- Full thickness burns – these damage all the skin layers. The burn area will change the colour and texture of the skin. Full thickness burns often cause permanent damage to the skin.
Types of Scarring
Categories of scarring vary considerably according to whether you are male or female and which part of the body is affected.
- Very severe scarring – very cosmetically disfiguring with significant psychological reaction.
- Less severe scarring – substantial disfigurement with some psychological reaction.
- Significant scarring – where the worst effects have been, or will be, reduced by plastic surgery leaving some cosmetic disfigurement. Little or no psychological reaction.
- Less significant scarring – one scar that can be camouflaged, or a number of very small scars.
- Trivial scarring – minor cosmetic effects only.
How Tollers Can Help With Burns or Scarring Claims
Over the years, we have claimed compensation successfully for many people who have suffered burns or scarring. We will explain the legal process in plain English, including what you must prove to make a successful claim.
Your compensation will cover things such as private medical treatment, care (whether provided professionally or by family members), aids and equipment to improve the quality of your life, adaptations to your home and any loss of income. As we pursue your claim, we may also be able to help you secure interim payments to pay for urgent treatment or care or to reimburse any loss of earnings.
Talk to Tollers
We will guide you through the complex legal side of things and have you achieve the best possible result. Get in touch with our team of specialists about a compensation claim regarding burns and scarring.