Slip And Trip Compensation Claims
Tollers Personal Injury specialists have extensive experience in dealing with claims for injuries resulting from a slip, trip or fall abroad, for example, we have handled countless successful claims for:
- Being injured while on organised excursions
- Slipping and tripping around swimming pools
- Fall in hotels due to wet floors
- Falling off balconies
- Injuries caused by poor maintenance of hotels or grounds
Slips, trips and falls at worst can be fatal, but they can also lead to head injuries, back injuries, fractures, and soft tissue injuries.
Starting slip and trip claims
Claiming for personal injury compensation relating to a slip, trip or fall abroad, can be difficult. Collecting the evidence you need to make the claim can feel daunting too, but it is essential for success.
Tour operators and employers have a duty to make sure your accommodation is safe and that you are not at unnecessary risk of harm or injury. If they fail to meet these responsibilities causing you to have a slip, trip or fall abroad you have grounds for a claim. The process can be complex as different countries have their own laws and legal systems. For example, countries have different time limits on making a claim.
Gathering the right information for a slip, trip or fall abroad
It’s important to make a note of any information about your slip, trip or fall. For example, exactly where did it happen, and when? Were there any witnesses you can contact? Write it all down, as the more information you have, the easier it will be to find out who is responsible and make a successful claim.
What to do before considering a slip, trip or fall abroad claim
- Write a detailed account of what happened
- Draw a sketch of the location
- Take a photograph of what caused the accident, as soon as possible. If you can, use a camera with a date/time function and place an object (a coin or a ruler, perhaps) next to it to give it some scale
- Ensure you have contact details for any witnesses
- Seek medical advice for your injuries as soon as possible. Some injury symptoms can take a few days to develop, but get medical attention as soon as you can
- Ensure the medical practitioner notes the accident circumstances and date, and includes these in your medical records
- Keep a record and receipt for any expenses you’ve incurred as a result – such as for travel, prescription charges or walking aids
Most importantly, contact Tollers Personal Injury Team to discuss your claim. We may even be able to help you start specialist treatment and rehabilitation while we process your claim, as well as ensuring you recover the maximum compensation for your injuries.
Talk to Tollers
Throughout your claim, we will apply our extensive expertise to achieve the best possible result for you. If you prefer, we can visit you and explain the legal process clearly, including what we must prove for your claim to be successful. To talk to Tollers about a claim for a slip and trip accident abroad. Get in touch today.