Pay an Invoice - Tollers Solicitors

Personal Injury Solicitors
Personal Injury Solicitors
Personal Injury Solicitors
Abuse Claim Specialists
Injury Claim Specialists
Person Injury Compensation

Schedule a call with a personal injury specialist. Please complete our contact form.

  • No Win No Fee Solicitors

    We're happy to call you...

  • Please provide your full name.
  • Please provide your mobile or telephone number.
  • Please provide your email address.
  • Type of Claim: is a required field
  • Please select a date for us to call you.
  • Please select a time for us to call you.

Slip and Trip Compensation Claims

Slip and trip accidents are most common in public and work places. At worst, they can be fatal, but they can also lead to head injuries, back injuries, fractures, and soft tissue injuries. 

Slips happen mostly where surfaces are wet or slippery. In the workplace, this may be due to negligence, especially if a wet floor is not properly cleaned and dried – or signed appropriately. As such, a company may be liable for any accidents that happen as a result of not applying the required safety procedures.

Tripping and falling accidents are common, but avoidable. Tripping on work equipment or wires that are left lying around is commonplace, and can cause injuries that leave you unable to work for a long period of time. 

When it comes to the outside, slipping on the pavement due to weather conditions can cause serious injuries. However, making a slip and trip claim may be tricky because the council might not be held directly responsible for the accident. On the other hand, if the same was to happen in a parking bay of, say, a shopping centre, a hospital or a school, a slip and trip claim can be made against the owner of those premises.

Starting your slip and trip claim.

Claiming for personal injury compensation relating to a slip and trip in public places, can be difficult. Collecting the evidence you need to make the claim can feel daunting too, but it is essential for success.

Owners or managers of public places, spaces and facilities must take reasonable care to ensure visitors’ safety. They should have procedures to assess their premises periodically for potential hazards and health and safety risks – and take appropriate action to reduce the risks of slips and trips. For example, it may be the responsibility of:

  • Landlords
  • Homeowners
  • Shopkeepers
  • Local authorities
  • Private property owners
  • Public property owners
  • Public transport operators

Gathering the right information for a slip and trip claim

It’s important to make a note of any information about your slip or trip. For example, exactly where did it happen, and when? Were there any witnesses you can contact? Write it all down, as the more information you have, the easier it will be to find out who is responsible and make a successful claim.

How Tollers can help with your slip and trip claim

Claims for personal injury compensation regarding accidents in a public place are notoriously difficult, but with Tollers experts helping and advising you, your chances of success after a slip, trip or fall are much greater. That said, we will not advise you to pursue compensation if we don’t think you have a reasonable case. 

We are experts in personal injury claims, and we are aware of the complexities and difficulties that come with them, such as the denials and defences insurers put forward to avoid responsibility and paying compensation. A successful slip and trip claim must establish that the occupiers failed in their duty to take reasonable care and that this caused the suffered injury. So it pays to have Tollers represent you.

What to do before considering a slip and trip claim

  • Write a detailed account of what happened
  • Draw a sketch of the location
  • Take a photograph of what caused the accident, as soon as possible. If you can, use a camera with a date/time function and place an object (a coin or a ruler, perhaps) next to it to give it some scale
  • Ensure you have contact details for any witnesses
  • Seek medical advice for your injuries as soon as possible. Some injury symptoms can take a few days to develop, but get medical attention as soon as you can
  • Ensure the medical practitioner notes the accident circumstances and date, and includes these in your medical records
  • Keep a record and receipt for any expenses you’ve incurred as a result – such as for travel, prescription charges or walking aids

Most importantly, contact Tollers Personal Injury Team to discuss your claim. We may even be able to help you start specialist treatment and rehabilitation while we process your claim, as well as ensuring you recover the maximum compensation for your injuries on a 'No Win No Fee' agreement. 

 To talk to Tollers about a slip and trip in a public place, get in touch.

Our Specialists In Public Places Claims

Amanda is a Personal Injury Lawyer at Tollers,  based at the Corby office and acts on personal injury claims relating to employers liability, road traffic accidents, highway claims and occupiers liabilities.Amanda is a Fellow Member of the Institute of Legal Executives and enjoys running in... Read More

Amanda Marlow / Associate & Chartered Legal Executive
t   01536 276725

Nina offers specialist advice in many areas of law including cosmetic injury claims, public and employers liability, road traffic accidents, sports accidents, accidents abroad, animals, air accidents, consumer law, Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority claims, fatal accidents. She helps her personal... Read More

Nina Chivers / Senior Associate & Chartered Legal Executive
t   01604 258786

Stephanie's experience includes handling claims for clients injuries at work, on the road and in public places. Stephanie also has a special interest in Cosmetic Surgery claims and injuries caused by defective products.Stephanie has been with Tollers for over 8 years and before this with another leading... Read More

Jonathan is a qualified solicitor and undertakes all aspects of personal injury work including employers liability, road traffic accidents, occupiers liability and product liability claims. Jonathan also assists Tristan Holdom and David Boobyer on a range of complex catastrophic injury claims including... Read More

Nick works in the personal injury department in our Corby office as a Fixed Fee Case Handler pursuing a range of Personal Injury claims. He graduated from the University of Northampton with an Honours Degree in law and also passed the Legal Practice course at the Oxford Institute of Legal Practice.... Read More

Nick Davis / New Business Team Assistant
t   01536 276716

Your login details have been used by another user or machine. Login details can only be used once at any one time so you have therefore automatically been logged out. Please contact your sites administrator if you believe this other user or machine has unauthorised access.