Pay an Invoice - Tollers Solicitors

Personal Injury Solicitors
Personal Injury Solicitors
Personal Injury Solicitors
Abuse Claim Specialists
Injury Claim Specialists
Person Injury Compensation

Schedule a call with a personal injury specialist. Please complete our contact form.

  • No Win No Fee Solicitors

    We're happy to call you...

  • Please provide your full name.
  • Please provide your mobile or telephone number.
  • Please provide your email address.
  • Type of Claim: is a required field
  • Please select a date for us to call you.
  • Please select a time for us to call you.

Pressure Sore (Bed Sore) Compensation Claims

What are Pressure Sores?

Pressure sores are commonly known as bedsores although the medical professions identify them as Pressure Ulcers.

They often occur when someone is left in the same position for a long period of time – for example, in hospital, a nursing or care home – or if they are wheelchair-bound. If they are not turned or moved regularly, pressure can disrupt the flow of blood through the epidermis, which damages the skin and leads to sores or ulcers, which can become infected.

Pressure sores can also develop if personal hygiene needs are not met because people's incontinence wear is not being changed regularly enough or they have been left in dirty or wet bedding for long periods.

When you become a resident in a care home your risk of pressure sores should be assessed and your Care Plan should identify steps to be taken to prevent them from developing. The risk and Care Plan should be updated on a regular basis to reflect changes in your health which could increase the risk.
If you or a loved one has suffered pressure sores, you should make a pressure sore claim for compensation.

Sores can cause skin discolouration, but also lead to skin and tissue necrosis, causing a great deal of pain as well as affecting quality of life. Specialist medical attention, care and specially designed mattresses and seating are required to treat pressure sores. So as well as the physical discomfort and injury, there is also the expense of treatment to consider when making a personal injury claim for compensation. If we think you have a reasonable chance of success with a personal injury compensation claim, we can help on a ‘No Win No Fee’ basis.

How Tollers can help with a pressure sore claim

We are experts in successful pressure sore compensation claims, and can give you a no-obligation expert legal assessment of your situation. If we think you have a good chance of success with a personal injury claim, we can help on a ‘No Win No Fee’ basis. Our personal injury experts will explain the legal process clearly, and the need to obtain a medical report that details the full extent of your injuries and the treatment and equipment required to manage your condition. 

We take an understanding and empathetic approach to your situation, and discuss everything with you in plain English. We will then apply our legal expertise to getting you the best possible result. 

 To talk to Tollers about a pressure sore claim for compensation, get in touch. 

If your loved one receives care in a residential home or in their own home, you need to feel you can trust those providing it. However, friends or relatives suffering abuse or neglect can have difficulty telling others about it. For example, they may have dementia, or are too frightened or distressed to talk about the abuse or neglect they have suffered - but there are telling signs to look out for:

  • Physical injuries, including bruises and scratches
  • Appearing frightened or intimidated by a specific carer, and unable to speak in front of them
  • Changes in behaviour - have they become tearful or withdrawn when you visit?
  • Staff behaving towards other residents in ways you consider inappropriate or unprofessional
  • Admissions to Hospital due to poor care
  • Falls due to failure support the resident
  • Being left in dirty incontinence wear or in a dirty bed
  • Pressure sores, also known as bedsores or pressure ulcers
  • Weight loss
  • Dehydration and recurring urinary tract infections
  • Over or under medication

What to do if you think someone has been abused

First, raise the issue with the Adult Safeguarding team at your local Council. They will assign you a Social Worker to investigate and take steps to ensure your loved one is protected properly. This could mean either working with the care home to develop an effective Care Plan to ensure the neglect stops or can be finding alternative care arrangements, or preventng the suspected abuser from working with them. If you see bruising or scratches, take photographs.

Abuse is a criminal offence, so report it to the police. Their involvement can help ensure your loved one is protected.

At Tollers, we have created an Elderly and Vulnerable Client Team, who understand fully the damage that elder abuse can cause. In fact, many of our expert team are members of Action on Elder Abuse, a charity that suports and advises families whose loved ones have suffered abuse from carers.

Making a personal Injury compensation claim

You can also talk to our personal Injury experts about the legal side of things. If we think you have a reasobable chance of success with a personal Injury compensation claim, we can help on a 'No Win No Fee' basis.

Talk to Tollers Elderly and Vulnerable Client Team, get in touch.

Our Specialist In Elder Abuse

Your login details have been used by another user or machine. Login details can only be used once at any one time so you have therefore automatically been logged out. Please contact your sites administrator if you believe this other user or machine has unauthorised access.