Pay an Invoice - Tollers Solicitors

Personal Injury Solicitors
Personal Injury Solicitors
Personal Injury Solicitors
Abuse Claim Specialists
Injury Claim Specialists
Person Injury Compensation

Schedule a call with a personal injury specialist. Please complete our contact form.

  • No Win No Fee Solicitors

    We're happy to call you...

  • Please provide your full name.
  • Please provide your mobile or telephone number.
  • Please provide your email address.
  • Type of Claim: is a required field
  • Please select a date for us to call you.
  • Please select a time for us to call you.

Care Home Neglect Compensation Claims

If you or a loved one has experienced, or is experiencing neglect in a Care Home, the most important thing is to ensure it stops. This can feel daunting, especially if you don't know who to turn to, or where to begin.

Care Home neglect can include:

  • Failing to ensure adequate food is eaten
  • Failing to make sure people drink enough - putting a water jug or glass out of reach
  • Ignoring a person's need for cleanliness and hygiene
  • A lack of adequate supervision for residents at risk of falling
  • Medication errors
  • Failure to prevent or treat bed sores also known as pressure sores
  • Poor care leading to Hospital admission

Why you should make a claim for Care Home neglect

Once the neglect in the Care Home stops you should make a compensation claim for the considerable harm caused and the effects it has had on you, your family and relationships.

If the person who was neglected is not able to bring the legal action themselves a family member can instruct us on their behalf.

Even if the neglect happened years ago you may still be able to make a claim.  At Tollers, our expert solicitors will help with the legal side of things, and can put you in touch with appropriate support groups.

We're on your side

Our specialist lawyers understand the physical and psychological harm Care Home neglect causes, and how difficult discussing it can be. We are very experienced dealing with sensitive issues and helping victims of Care Home neglect make successful compensation claims. We have helped the vulnerable and elderly who have suffered in NHS hospitals and Care Homes.

You will find our team understanding and empathetic. We will make sure we listen to your full story before advising you on the legal side of things. If we believe your claim has a good chance of success, we can work on a ‘No Win No Fee’ basis.

How Tollers can help you with a Care Home neglect claim

We give free initial advice, and explain the Care Home neglect legal process in plain English, including the need to obtain a medical report on the full extent of psychological and physical harm the neglect has caused. Your claim for compensation and your case may also help ensure the same problems do not affect others. 

We will apply our extensive legal expertise throughout the claim process to help you achieve the best possible result, just as we have for many people who have suffered Care Home neglect. Most claims are settled successfully without going through distressing and time-consuming court proceedings.  

To talk to Tollers about a compensation claim for Care Home neglect,
get in touch.

If your loved one receives care in a residential home or in their own home, you need to feel you can trust those providing it. However, friends or relatives suffering abuse or neglect can have difficulty telling others about it. For example, they may have dementia, or are too frightened or distressed to talk about the abuse or neglect they have suffered - but there are telling signs to look out for:

  • Physical injuries, including bruises and scratches
  • Appearing frightened or intimidated by a specific carer, and unable to speak in front of them
  • Changes in behaviour - have they become tearful or withdrawn when you visit?
  • Staff behaving towards other residents in ways you consider inappropriate or unprofessional
  • Admissions to Hospital due to poor care
  • Falls due to failure support the resident
  • Being left in dirty incontinence wear or in a dirty bed
  • Pressure sores, also known as bedsores or pressure ulcers
  • Weight loss
  • Dehydration and recurring urinary tract infections
  • Over or under medication

What to do if you think someone has been abused

First, raise the issue with the Adult Safeguarding team at your local Council. They will assign you a Social Worker to investigate and take steps to ensure your loved one is protected properly. This could mean either working with the care home to develop an effective Care Plan to ensure the neglect stops or can be finding alternative care arrangements, or preventng the suspected abuser from working with them. If you see bruising or scratches, take photographs.

Abuse is a criminal offence, so report it to the police. Their involvement can help ensure your loved one is protected.

At Tollers, we have created an Elderly and Vulnerable Client Team, who understand fully the damage that elder abuse can cause. In fact, many of our expert team are members of Action on Elder Abuse, a charity that suports and advises families whose loved ones have suffered abuse from carers.

Making a personal Injury compensation claim

You can also talk to our personal Injury experts about the legal side of things. If we think you have a reasobable chance of success with a personal Injury compensation claim, we can help on a 'No Win No Fee' basis.

Talk to Tollers Elderly and Vulnerable Client Team, get in touch.

Our Specialist In Elder Abuse

Your login details have been used by another user or machine. Login details can only be used once at any one time so you have therefore automatically been logged out. Please contact your sites administrator if you believe this other user or machine has unauthorised access.