At Tollers we provide advice, help and assistance with:
- Formation – finding the correct structure, governance, funding and registration
- People – contracts and policies, HR issues, conduct and disciplinary issues
- Property – purchases, sales, leasing and developments
- Management – Trustees and their role, legacies and disputes
- The future – Trading, alternative fundraising, commercial ventures, mergers and acquisitions.
And much more …
The team work closely with solicitors from a variety of practice areas across the firm, including our Employment team, Trusts and Estates team, Commercial Property team, Corporate and Commercial teams and our Dispute Resolution team to ensure we provide joined up solutions to the issues and legal requirements our clients face.
Our charity solicitors are passionate about the legal services they provide to this sector and many of them are charity trustees or volunteers, this allows them to understand the delicate balance charities face when running an organisation of this type.
The Charity Law department is led by Gary Tait, who is the Head of the Commercial Services division for the firm. Gary is ideally placed to lead the team, ensuring that we provide the best resolution to assist our clients and ensure that their goals are met.
Gary has practical experience of charity issues and works with several local charities including Corby Cube Theatre Trust Limited, Lakeland Hospice and The Travers Foundation.
At Tollers we provide quality legal services built on understanding.