Skip to the main content


What our clients say

"I wanted to take the time to thank Stephanie Jervis of Tollers solicitors for all the work she did with me on my case and won. I feel Stephanie worked hard for me and always did what was in my best interests. I was always kept up to date with every aspect of my case. I found Stephanie to be the most professional yet friendly person I have ever worked with and the work and dedication she showed to my case I can't find the words to put down to say how grateful I am and how hard she worked even when things weren't going our way she never gave up and won my case. I would have no hesitation recommending Stephanie to anyone and feel she is a true asset to Tollers solicitors. Good luck in the future And thank u from the bottom of my heart. ".
A Galloway


Which benefits affect your compensation Award

Not all state benefits can be recovered from your compensation. There will be a deduction only from compensation for the following items of your claim:

  • loss of earnings
  • the cost of nursing care or domestic assistance
  • the loss of mobility

and the deduction from each item of compensation will be no more than the amount you have already received in benefits for that item.

Only certain types of benefits can be deducted from certain items of claim. Some of the main benefits are:


Benefits Deductible from Loss of Earnings

Benefits Deductible From Care/Domestic Assistance

Employment and Support Allowance Incapacity Benefit Income Support Disablement Pension (Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit) Invalidity Pension or AllowanceJobseeker’s Allowance Severe Disablement Allowance Sickness Benefit Statutory Sick Pay paid before 6/4/94
Unemployment Benefit
Disability Working Allowance

For a full list see 


Attendance Allowance
Care Component of Disability Living Allowance (DLA Care)
Disablement Pension increase for Constant Attendance Allowance
Exceptionally Severe Disablement Allowance
Mobility Allowance
Mobility Component of Disability Living Allowance (DLA Mobility)



Every claim must be registered with the Department for Work and Pensions dedicated Compensation Recovery Unit (CRU, even if you are not receiving any benefits. A Certificate must be obtained before any compensation can be paid out.

After your claim is settled.

If you get means tested benefits at the time you receive your compensation and that compensation (or combination of compensation plus any savings) exceeds:

£10,000 - you may lose some of your entitlement to benefits
£16,000 - you may lose entitlement to all of their benefits

However, your entitlement to benefits can be protected by placing your compensation in a special fund or trust.

Call us now on

0333 414 9100

or we will call you back...

Latest News



Tollers on LinkedIn

Case Studies

Tollers were pleased to be able to help Mr F of Northampton with his Car Accident Claim. Mr F was st...
Successful Whiplash Car Accident Claim in Northampton


Planter East Midlands - ProHelp