Tollers legal costing team operates a high quality service both in terms of drafting and negotiation. We have a dedicated negotiating team and are used to dealing with defendant costs draftsmen and defendant costs negotiators and achieving excellent results.
We have built up a reputation as a sound and highly skilled unit which properly risk manages the costs process to minimise the prospects of unsuccessful detailed assessments whilst maximising recoveries. We have been prepared to take on and beat defendant’s representatives on assessment where the case has merited this approach.
We offer the following services:
- Bill/schedule drafting at a rate of 6% of base profit costs claimed.
- Replies/points of dispute.
- Costs file management (after completion of the bill/schedule) and continuing with the negotiations with full liaison with the instructing Solicitor on parameters for settlement.
- Specialist case work regarding technical challenges.
- Specialist advocacy work (for assessment hearings for other solicitors and draftsmen).
Our service features:
- A "cradle to grave" service whereby we deal with all the necessary steps from bill preparation to recovery of costs on your behalf.
- Our infrastructure generally enables us to return your bill within 10 working days.
- All bills are well presented and are prepared on bespoke costs drafting software. This ensures that the bills are prepared in a uniform and consistent format.
- There is always a costs draftsman available to deal with any queries of a technical nature that you may have.