Tollers Solicitors provide comprehensive advice and related legal support to local authorities, the police, and the education sector. Recognising the unique nature of the legal problems encountered and the constantly changing issues affecting the public sector, our team is fully conversant in public sector issues and developments.
We currently act for a large number of public sector organisations, including local authorities, trusts, associations, colleges and schools and provide them with a full range of legal services.
Our partner-led approach ensures that our most experienced solicitors take responsibility for the matter to ensure we deliver the highest quality advice to protect your interests.
We have a dedicated team of specialist corporate and commercial solicitors who understand the complexity of issues facing the public sector. We provide realistic, practical and commercial advice on matters which include commercial contracts, outsourcing, corporate finance, procurement and intellectual property.
Litigation for public bodies
Central and local government and other public organisations operate within a unique framework of governance and accountability and a complex regulatory environment. Our public law department provides advice, support and where appropriate takes legal action on behalf of the public body.
Our public law team are experts in commercial litigation, but also have vast experience and an in depth understanding of the public sector. We currently act for local councils, schools and a variety of other public organisations.
- Corporate Transactions – TUPE
- Grievance and disciplinary action
- Compromise Agreements
- Bespoke training for staff or managers
- Employment Tribunal Litigation
- HR package for day to day advice
- Draft and update contracts and policies
- Trading Standards Prosecutions
- Freehold and leasehold property transactions
- Transfers and leases to Academy Trusts
- First registration of unregistered titles
- Statutory obligations of charity trustees when dealing with property matters
- Finance secured by mortgage
- Leases with telecommunications providers
- Planning matters
- General property and land law enquiries
We provide guidance on operational and administration issues as well as terms and conditions and exclusion of liability clauses. We act as legal advisers to a number of public sector organisations and ensure that advice given suits our client requirements.
Click here to download a team card which includes profiles and information on their specialities
Meet The Team
Specialties: Commercial Property
t 01604 258510
Equity Partner & Head of Personal Injury
Specialties: Personal Injury, Legal Costing, Public Sector & Education Law
t 01604 258113
Specialties: Employment Law, Insolvency and Corporate Recovery
t 01604 258596