Divorce is the legal process of ending a marriage and is only open to couples who have been married for more than a year. As the law stands, you must prove that your marriage has irretrievably broken down due to one of the following:
- Your spouse has committed adultery and you find it intolerable to live with them.
- Your spouse has behaved in a way that you can’t reasonably be expected to live with them.
- Your spouse has deserted you for more than two years.
- You have already lived apart for more than two years and your spouse consents to the divorce.
- You have lived apart continuously for more than five years.