Charity formation and choosing the right
legal charity structure
Having decided to set up a new charity there are a number of issues you need to consider including:-
- The objects or purpose of the Charity which must be within the legal definition of charitable
- What structure is appropriate for the Charity, there are four main types of structure:
- Company (limited by guarantee)
- Charitable incorporated organisation (CIO)
- Unincorporated association
- How the charity will be managed - this is set out in the governing document.
- Who will be the trustees or members.
- How the charity will be funded.
To find out how our expert team can assist you...